In case you missed it, the Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council (GSSJC) had their most delicious Just Desserts event ever!
GSSJC hosted its annual Just Desserts event on Thursday, January 19 at the Junior League of Houston, and Smallcakes Houston walked away with People’s Choice.
Just Desserts, a competition between local chefs who battle it out to create signature desserts inspired by Girl Scout Cookies, kicked off the Girl Scout Cookie Sale and celebrated 100 years of Girl Scouts selling cookies.
|Guests were given a taste of the new Girl Scout S'mores cookie.|
Sold by your local Girl Scouts till March 26. Find yours here.
This year, guests also had the opportunity to battle it out in the event's new Social Media Competition, where the guest who posted the most on Instagram and Twitter won a coveted hashtag-shaped trophy.
Girl Scouts were paired with chefs and members of the media who served as judges. Judges included Patricia Lopez of KTRK Ch. 13; Amy Davis of KPRC Ch. 2; Tiffany Craig of KHOU Channel 11; and Katharine Shilcutt of Houstonia Magazine.
- Best Table Display (Peanut Butter Sandwich) - Maine-ly Sandwiches
- Best Theme Interpretation (Thin Mints): Gigi's Cupcakes, Post Oak
- Best Use of Cookie (Lemonades): Smallcakes Houston
- Celebrity Judges Favorite (Caramel DeLites): Ooh La La: The Dessert Boutique
- Most Delicious (Shortbread): Michael's Cookie Jar
- Most Creative Recipe (Peanut Butter Patties): The Cupcake Cowgirls
- People's Choice (Lemonades): Smallcakes Houston