Let’s keep the momentum going! GSSJC was excited to be named the largest sale in 2014 and 2015 and we're hoping for a three-peat in 2016. Here's how to make the most of your cookie experience, Girl Scouts:
- Say Hello! It gets everything off on the right foot. Make eye contact. It can be kind of weird looking people you don't know in the eye and talking to them. But it's a big part of building trust and respect for others. It says, "Hey, we're serious about what we're doing!"
- Ask if they were in the Girl Scouts. You'll be surprised at how many Girl Scouts are out there. More than 59 million women have been part of Girl Scouts. Ask what it was like for them.
- Share your goal! You and your team have set goals and made decisions about what you'll do with the money you earn. Maybe you're going to a place you haven't been or supporting a cause you care about. Whatever it is, let people know. They'll be impressed.
- Show off your inventory. Everyone has a favorite cookie, but there are a lot of different ones. So be prepared to tell them about all the cookies in your inventory.
- Point out the package design. The cookie boxes have a new look in recent years and tell the story of what Girl Scouts do. Show your customers the new boxes and ask what they think.
- Talk about money. Money is a big responsibility. Even if you get help from a volunteer, you have to make sure you have to make sure you have a role in handling it and managing it. And you need your customers to know how you plan to use the money you earn. So make sure they know.
- Share why you're a Girl Scout. Everyone joins the Girl Scouts for different reasons. Whether it's to make friends or accomplish big things--or both--let people know.
- Find out how you did. Your cookie business is hard work. Always welcome tips on how to be better at it. And if they don't tell you, find out! After the sale, ask the customer how the sale went and what you could've don to make it better.
- Say thanks. Saying "thank you" is easy. And it means a lot to the people buying cookies.
Find more tips and tricks like these by checking out the 2016 Cookie Program section of our website. Don't miss the special sections for Cookie Lovers, Parents, Volunteers and Cookie Sellers!