|Troop #109011 put together birthday bags to donate to Boys and Girls Country in honor of Juliette Gordon Low’s birthday.|
Now we know the song goes..."On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me..." But instead of getting this year, let's think about giving!
Here are 12 service project ideas for the holiday season:
- Participate in Operation Christmas Child
- Organize a toy drive
- Collect for a canned food drive
- Help a service member through Adopt a Soldier
- Decorate a senior center
- Sing carols to hospital patients
- Animal Toy Drive for a Local Shelter
- Make encouraging Christmas cards for your neighbors
- Collect camp items for a Girl Scouts in need
- Have a garage sale/lemonade stand to raise money
- Visit a local children's home and host a Christmas Party
- Collect DVD's and Video Games for your local children's hospital
Don’t forget to share your service with us via social media.
Facebook: Post a photo of your service project to our Facebook page, and we'll give you a shout out!
Twitter: Share a photo using the hashtag #GirlScoutsgiveback and tag @girlscoutsgssjc so we can retweet you!
Instagram: Share a photo using the hashtag #GirlScoutsgiveback and tag @gssjc so we can give your post a like!