More than 100 guests enjoyed the palate-pleasing event as celebrity chefs vied for the best in each of the following categories: Most Creative Recipe, Best Use of Cookie, Best Table Display, Celebrity Judges Favorite, Most Delicious, Best Theme Interpretation and People’s Choice Award.
This year’s participants included chefs from Ooh La La Dessert Boutique, Red Dessert Dive & Coffee Shop, Take the Cake, Quite A Stir, Maine-ly Sandwiches, Smallcakes Houston and The Village Bakery.
Girl Scouts were paired with members of the media who served as judges, which included Sonia Azad of KTRK Ch. 13; Amy Davis of KPRC Ch. 2; Tiffany Craig of KHOU Ch. 11; Lizzet Lopez of Univision; Marcy de Luna of CultureMap; Katharine Shilcutt of Houstonia magazine; and Dana Donovan of Houston Family Magazine. The girl judges and assistant chefs were all top cookie sellers, having each sold more than 1,000 packages during the 2013-2014 cookie sale.
Participants earned the following awards:
- Most Creative Recipe – The Village Bakery – Peanut Butter Sandwich – Star Wars
- Best Use of Cookie – Maine-ly Sandwiches – Thin Mints – Forrest Gump
- Best Table Display – Ooh La La Dessert Boutique – Shortbread – Wizard of Oz
- Celebrity Judges Favorite – Quite A Stir – Thanks-A-Lot – Jurassic Park
- Girl Scout Judges Favorites – Take the Cake – Lemonades – Pirates of the Caribbean
- Most Delicious – Red Dessert Dive & Coffee Shop – Peanut Butter Patties – Grease
- Best Theme Interpretation – Smallcakes Houston – Caramel deLites – E.T.
- People’s Choice – Take the Cake – Lemonades – Pirates of the Caribbean
See more Just Desserts 2015 highlights.