The start of 2014 was a busy one for GSSJC! From introducing the new Cranberry Citrus Crisp and piloting ABC Bakers gluten free chocolate chip shortbread to raising the profile of the COCO mobile app (the fastest, easiest way to buy cookies!), our 2014 Cookie Program kept us going and going and going! Throw in celebrating our 102nd birthday as a movement, participating in the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo parade yet again and some cool Gold Award projects, and using the word "busy" just might seem like an understatement. Here's all our favorite news stories featuring GSSJC from February & March:
- Fort Bend Lifestyles & Homes Magazine shared Girl Scout volunteers who hosted a shower for Camp Myra S. Pryor to help stock the new kitchen units! (Fifth photo on the page)
- The Houston Chronicle reported on how one family is keeping a GSSJC Girl Scout's Silver Award project alive after her passing.
- The Cypress Creek Mirror spotlighted one of our Just Desserts chefs for her support of the Girl Scout Cookie Program to make her tasty treats.
- The Houston Chronicle reported Girl Scout Amanda H. earned her Gold Award by renovating a room at Houston's Child Protective Services office.
- The Fort Bend Herald highlighted Troop #29170's fun activities and service projects this winter. They also mentioned Troop #3503's donation to Child Advocate's of Fort Bend.
- InstantWestUNews.com shared the original Girl Scout cookie recipe while encouraging readers to buy a few more boxes at booth sales.
- The Fort Bend Star educated readers on how every Girl Scout cookie has a mission.
- The Lufkin Daily News shared this highlight of the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
- The Bay Area Citizen highlighted Girl Scout Savannah R's Gold Award project to raise awareness of sea turtle conversation at one of Galveston's most-visited spots.
- YourFortBendNews.com reported girls in Brazos Valley Community enjoyed their annual camp out at Camp Agnes Arnold.
- The Pearland Journal shared how local Girl Scouts celebrated World Thinking Day.
Whew! We're tired just reading all those.
There's no slowing us down, though! As we enter April, we're getting excited about resident camp and day & twilight camps kicking off in a little more than two months. We can't wait to have s'more fun at camp this summer, and we hope you'll join us! (More on camp soon!)
As a reminder, you can always submit your troop, community or region news to us for consideration on the blog, social media, The Golden Link and more! Just email your news item and a high-res photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.