Each month between issues of The Golden Link, GSSJC offers younger troops some fun program ideas for their troop meetings, camping weekends and more! Visit thegoldenlink.org for a new Troop Program Ideas six times a year in February, April, June, August, October and December.
The April 2014 Troop Program Ideas is now available. Click here to access it or read below for a sneak peek at five ideas to make your troop's bridging ceremony special this year!
5 ideas to make your ceremony special
- Keep track of all the patches, badges and awards each girl has earned, then tape each one to a popsicle stick and place them in a flower pot to represent how each girl has grown.
- Provide each girl with supplies to make a friendship bracelet and a note that your troop would “knot” be the same without her.
- Make your own bridge by mounting yard sticks in small flower pots. Then string crepe paper between the yard sticks to create a bridge rail.
- Give girls a fun item to symbolize the level they’re bridging from - Daisy seeds, brownie mix, Junior Mints, etc.
- Before she walks across the bridge, have each girl share her favorite memory from that level of Girl Scouting.