From March 8-22, 2014, GSSJC is inviting troops holding cookie booths to participate in a Cookie Booth Challenge! Troops are asked to decorate their booth emphasizing the 5 Skills gained through the Cookie Program and submit photos of their booths to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the following subject line: Bling Your Booth entry. Submit 1-3 photos of your booth. One entry per troop. Deadline to submit entries is March 23, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.
Photos of troops’ booths will be considered for inclusion in upcoming Council publications and marketing materials AND members of THREE TROOPS that put together the most original and creative booths while following the guidelines below will receive a limited edition “Bling Your Booth” lanyard for all their girls! All activities featured must abide by Safety Activity Checkpoints and all other safety guidelines to qualify.
- Be creative with the product display (how the cookies are displayed, nutritional information)
- Display the Girl Scout logo or name prominently
- Show what the troop is going to do with the proceeds
- Display something that emphasizes the 5 skills (See below)
- The cookie booths must be held March 8-22, 2014. There’s still time to reserve a cookie booth online!
- Digital photos with the troop’s number and a description of the booth must be submitted to email@example.com. Include the following subject line: Bling Your Booth entry. Submit 1-3 photos of your booth. Deadline to submit is March 23, 2014 at 11:59 p.m.
Here are some suggestions on ways to decorate your booth:
- Use poster board to make and display colorful signs that talk about your goals and objectives!
- Make a sign with the five skills
- The opportunities are endless! Be creative but above all else, BE SAFE!
Selling cookies teaches goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills, and business ethics—aspects essential to leadership, to success, and to life.
Note: Winning troops will be notified via email by March 26, 2014. Due to the number of entries received annually, only winning troops will be notified.
Troops that pick up additional cookies from your local cupboard now through March 13 could win one of five $50 gift cards to the Girl Scout Shop. Five Golden Tickets have been hidden in cookie cases across the Council. If you find one of the certificates, you’re a lucky winner! Details for how to redeem your prize will be on your ticket, so read it closely!
Best of luck, GSSJC!