Friday, July 19, 2013

Photoblog: Huntsville Day Camp

In place of our usual Friday post, Media Wrap-ups, I've been sharing photos as I visit different camps. It's been a very busy summer at GSSJC headquarters, so I (Miranda) haven't made it out to camp nearly as often as last summer, but I'm still dropping by as I can! Last week I headed north to visit the Huntsville Day Camp. These girls took this year's space theme seriously, making everything from aliens in arts & crafts to Milky Way milkshakes in cooking. They even got to try on an astronaut outfit - out of this world!

Here's a few snapshots from the day I visited:


The flags were posted when I arrived at the Girl Scout House in Huntsville - camp was
officially in session for the day!


First stop: arts & crafts where girls were putting all their creativity into making aliens
with recyclable materials like cardboard and plastic milk jugs.


Next I headed over to the jump house set up for the final day of camp.
These girls had a ton of fun jumping and posing for the camera!


Then it was time for a nice, cold Milky Way milkshake! What a yummy upgrade from
my favorite day camp treat, snow cones. Cheers!


Lots of T-shirt signing was happening after enjoying our milkshakes. Best way to end camp!
(I may have even signed a few T-shirts myself with my old camp name, Tink - like Tinker Bell.)


And finally, I headed back to the Scout House where girls were voting on cookie recognitions
they'd like to earn during the 2014 Cookie Program. Isn't Scarlett the Red Panda cute?


I couldn't stay for SWAPS in the afternoon, but a few of the girls shared theirs
with me anyway. Isn't that bead trefoil neat?

Until next time, camp! Don't forget you can follow us on Instagram now - there's some additional photos from my time out in Huntsville there too!