Of course, there’s more than one way to make a delicious s’mores treat! Whether you and your troop are getting together for a little summer fun or you want to keep your Girl Scout fun going after spending a week at camp, here’s a fun, unconventional s’more recipe for you to try!
S’mores BrowniesServings: 24 brownies
1 cup unsalted butter
10 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp kosher salt
1 1/3 cups cake flour
3 Tbsp natural cocoa powder
6-8 whole graham crackers, crushed
9 jumbo or 12 regular size marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a 9-by-13 inch baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring often until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in sugars. Then whisk in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Whisk in the vanilla and salt.
- Enjoy s’more fun this summer with unconventional s’mores
- Sift the flour and cocoa over the chocolate mixture. Use a rubber spatula to stir just until blended. Stir in crushed graham crackers.
- Pour into dish, spreading evenly and top with marshmallows.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool and cut into gooey squares.
Using jumbo marshmallows may increase baking time or create gooey brownies. If you like this, great! If not, opt for regular size marshmallows.
Source: 2011 Home Baked Comfort by Kim Laidlaw by Weldon Owen Books
Want s'more unconventional s'mores recipes? We've got a Pinterest board of that! Click here to find more yummy treats using chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows. After you make something, be sure to share your photo with us on Facebook and Twitter! We'd love to see what you create.
For s'more summer fun, check out our latest edition of Troop Program Ideas (updated bimonthly on thegoldenlink.org).