Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Where's Minnie? (And Daisy too...)


Hello, Girl Scouts! Minnie here with my very first blog post. I'm so excited to be joining and hope to meet many of you as I travel around the Council.

I was a little nervous about my first "Where's Minnie?" adventure, so I asked Daisy to tag along with me. For our adventure, our blog editor Miranda was kind enough to let us borrow her phone (with her adult supervision, of course) to look up something that is happening ALL over the Council right now!


Can you guess what app we were using? We put in Miranda's zip code, found one of these things happening ALL over the Council and headed off to visit!


Can you guess where we went?



We visited a Girl Scout cookie booth! Emily and Ellie from Troop #16326 were beary nice to meet.


Daisy and I both checked out the cookie selection - they had everything! We debated about what kind of cookies we each wanted - it's a beary important decision and everybody has a favorite cookie.


We also asked Emily and Ellie about their cookie goals, like how many boxes they wanted to sell. They were excellent businesswomen. They smiled and were friendly. They recommended which cookies were the best and made sure to tell all their customers (and there were a LOT besides us!) thank you!

Once we made our decision, Daisy paid for our cookies. We thanked Emily and Ellie and wished them luck in reaching the goals they set for themselves. Can you guess what kind of cookies we bought?

Yup - we went with our favorites. I got Thin Mints, and Daisy opted for Peanut Butter Patties. And of course you know what we did next...


What can I say? Daisy was beary hungry...

See you soon,
Minnie

Minnie is a lifetime member of Girl Scouts and grew up in Houston. She loves canoeing at camp, eating Thin Mints and making new friends.