Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Where's Daisy?

Hi, Girl Scouts! It's me, Daisy. I'm back in the swing of things with Girl Scouts after my fantastic trip to Thailand, and this past Saturday I headed out to one of the coolest Girl Scout events I've ever attended.


 Can you guess from the photo where I am?


Maybe this will give you a hint...don't you just love the new Girl Scout cookie boxes?


Hmm...still not sure? Maybe this will help!

It's Mega Drop! I headed over to Sam Houston Race Park on Saturday morning and WOW - I have never seen that many Girl Scout cookies in my life!


I met tons of great volunteers, like this one from Enchanted Pines Service Unit. Her car was so full of Girl Scout cookies, I thought they were going to spill out the windows!

I also met a new friend when I visited the Thin Mints, and I'm beary excited to introduce to you:


Say hi to Minnie!


She's a Girl Scout too, and she was so nice I asked her if she wanted to tag along with me at the Mega Drop. 


We met some more great volunteers who were spending their Saturday getting Girl Scout cookies out to everyone in Houston. It's a big job, and I know GSSJC couldn't do it without great people like this.


I introduced Minnie to some of the GSSJC staff that were working or volunteering too.


Minnie also met GSSJC's President and Board Chair Stacy Methvin! She sure was excited to meet Minnie.


After our work was over for the day, Minnie and I took a break in the Lemonades truck - that stack of cookies was WAY taller than us!

The best part of the day? Minnie is going to help me blog! So now there'll be "Where's Minnie" posts from around the Council too! We can bearly wait to meet more Girl Scouts and write posts about where we visit.

Until next time,
Daisy

Daisy is a lifetime member of Girl Scouts and grew up in Savannah, Ga. She loves hiking in the woods at camp, eating Peanut Butter Patties and making new Girl Scout friends.