Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Where's Daisy?

Hi Girl Scouts! I've been busy since the last time I checked in with you. My friend Darinee and I have had a great time on our trip - did you figure out where we are? If not, here's a few more photos to help you out!


After arriving, we exchanged our American money for bhat. Every $30 bhat is $1 USD. I have $600 bhat here, which is a little under $20 in American money.


One of the highlights of the trip for Darinee was getting to see her friend Korrapin who, I understand, volunteered with your council while she lived in Houston. She was so sweet, and she gave me a cool badge to wear on my vest when I get home! If you haven't guessed by now...I'm in Thailand!


We visited the Girl Guides Association of Thailand offices and got a tour. Here is me next to a photo of GGAT's founder, Lady Kanok Samsen Vil, who passed away two years ago. The offices were beary neat to see after experiencing American Girl Scout offices!


On our way home after our tour, we even met some Girl Guides on the street! You know how I love to make new friends, so we stopped and asked them for a photo. The two girls in blue are Girl Guides and the girl in green is a member of Thailand's Boy Scouts.

Hope you're enjoying hearing all about my trip. I'll have a few more photos to share soon. I've had a great time, but I can't wait to get back to the United States. I hear Girl Scout Cookies go on sale Saturday, and I'm craving some Peanut Butter Patties.

Until next time,
Daisy

Daisy is a lifetime member of Girl Scouts and grew up in Savannah, Ga. She loves hiking in the woods at camp, eating Peanut Butter Patties and making new Girl Scout friends.